Employers with Openings
Employers: Buckeye Career Center strives to assist employers in their pursuit of employees. Since finding the right person may be difficult, we would like to assist you in connecting with qualified candidates.
When you have a job opening that one of our high school or adult education students, or an alumni could possibly fill, please contact us. We would love to work with you in filling that position. Please have the following information ready when you call: job title, hours, skills required, company name and contact information.
For High School Students & our School to Work program:
Contact Fritz Johnson at 330-339-2288 ext. 1242.
For Adult Education Students:
Contact Erin VanFossen at 330-308-5720 ext. 1500.
To have a job opening posted on this page that our alumni may be interested in:
Please e-mail the details in the body of the e-mail or in a Word document to: email@example.com
Tegrey Family of Coatings -labor
Date Posted: Thursday April 03
Date Removed: Saturday May 03
We are looking for one and possibly two full time employees. We are a family owned and operated painting company since 1997, located in Canton. The employee must be full time, work any days and hours. Have proper transportation. Willing to learn our business. Responsibilities: painting, pressure washing, deck refinishing.
We are interviewing immediately and will hire quickly.
Benefits are available and pay is based on learning abilities.
- Not afraid of heights and able to climb ladders.
- Pass a drug test and background check as needed.
- Able to carry up to 50# for 50 ft.
Terry Miller 330-418-8955
Send resume to: Tegrey@sbcglobal.net
Gradall -Afternoon Shift Assemblers
Date Posted: Friday April 04
Date Removed: Friday May 09
JOB SUMMARY: Assemble components, subassemblies, and whole good hydraulic excavators, street sweepers, and vacuum truck units.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Use oral and/or written instructions to assemble assigned part or section of machine.
2. Operate gantry cranes in order to complete job assignments.
3. Operate essential tools and equipment needed for the assembly of products.
4. Ensure correct parts are used at all times.
5. Examine work orders to identify special requests or changes in assembly process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to safely and correctly use both hand and power tools.
2. Ability to accurately and consistently follow directions and work orders.
3. Ability to adapt to different work assignments on a daily/weekly basis.
4. Ability to read and correctly interpret blue prints, assembly drawings, and schematics.
5. Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
6. Ability to safely use assigned cranes.
7. Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED required. Prior experience building, maintaining, and/or repairing heavy equipment preferred.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Work performed in a non-climate controlled metal manufacturing production environment, with frequent standing, twisting, bending, stooping, and climbing in, on, and around heavy parts and equipment. Frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling of up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply using one of the following methods:
* Online at www.gradall.com
* E-mailing a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Or by mailing a current resume to:
Gradall Industries, Inc.
406 Mill Ave SW
New Philadelphia OH 44663
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Aleris -Maintenance Planner
Date Posted: Friday April 11
Date Removed: Friday May 09
*Working with operations and maintenance employees to attain a clear understanding of the job in order to determine full scope, and identify potential issues to minimize added scope.
*Identifying key steps or tasks of the job and sequence of events.
*Preparing job estimates; identifying specific skills/crafts required; estimating manpower and
hours; determining material needs, specialty tools, equipment, required resources and their availability and impact on production.
*Working with Engineering, Maintenance and Operations to ensure there are no conflicts, and that the scope of the job is understood.
*Managing the PM program, scheduling and coordinating proactive, preventive maintenance outages to reduce unplanned downtime.
*Create and post requisitions and purchase orders in system.
*Establishing comprehensive procedures for all short and long-term maintenance work to increase equipment utilization and reduce downtime.
*Managing department maintenance Critical Spares and stock items; securing delivery and availability of materials; maintaining accurate records on all equipment in area of responsibility.
*Developing standards for repetitive jobs and historical job estimates.
*Creating a job plan library.
*Screening work orders for required information and accuracy.
*Maintaining an effective preventative maintenance program for the equipment with the help of the Engineering Staff.
*Working within the parameters created by the ISO9000 Quality System, Aleris engineering standards and all applicable codes.
- High School diploma required.
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude, computer proficiency, proficient arithmetic abilities.
- Making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues at hand on a case-by-case basis.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with strong leadership potential is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an industrial / maintenance setting with union environment and reliability skills is preferred.
Interested applicants should send a resume to the address, email, or fax listed below.
Aleris Rolled Products
Attn: Human Resources
7319 Newport Rd. SE
Uhrichsville, OH 44683
Fax (740) 922 – 8376
Equal Opportunity Employer